Click here to get a quote.
At RMS Disposal, inc. our residential recycling program is a voluntary program, we provide a red 18-gallon recycling bin and encourage you to recycle the following items:
- No.1 and No. 2 recyclable plastics (milk jugs, liquid detergent bottles, plastic soft drink bottles, etc.) Please rinse and remove lids. Lids are not recyclable and should be placed in the garbage.
- Glass - Please rinse and remove lids. Lids are not recyclable and should be placed in the garbage.
- Magazines and Shopping Catalogues - Both magazines and home shopping catalogues are recyclable. Place them in your recycling bin or with newspapers. A brown paper bag may also be used, NOT a plastic bag.
- Newspapers - Newspapers and inserts are recyclable. Place them under the bin or on top or beside the glass, aluminum, metal and plastic in your bin. To prevent newspapers from being blown by the wind, you may stack them on top of, beside or underneath the recycling bin or place them in a brown paper bag. Please no plastic grocery bags.
- Cardboard - Please place cardboard at curbside for recycling collection. Cardboard cannot be scheduled for bulky item collection. To ensure collection, please make sure that all cardboard boxes are empty, cut into pieces no larger than 3 feet x 3 feet, flattened and stacked neatly at curbside on your scheduled collection day.
- Plastic Bottles - Please remove the lids and crush the plastic bottles before placing them in the recycling bin for collection. Lids are not recyclable and should be placed in the garbage.
- Spiral Paper Cans - Spiral paper cans, round cans with spiral grooves on the side and metal bottoms, may be recycled. Remove any plastic or metal lids and rinse or wipe out any remaining food stuff.
- Steel Cans - Steel food containers should be rinsed out to remove any remaining food stuff before placing in the recycling bin for collection.
- Telephone Books - Each year the City collects out-dated residential telephone books. Place your directory in the recycling bin or place underneath with newspapers.
- Aluminum cans - Please rinse and crush cans before placing them in the recycling bin.
- Junk mail - Mail and envelopes can be recycled.
- Mixed paper
- Gift wrap
Remove lids and flatten recyclables when possible.
What NOT to place in recycling bins:
- Wax-coated paper products
- Pizza boxes - Even though the boxes may have a recycling symbol on them, they are not recyclable due to contamination from pizza/grease residue.
- Old clothing
- Small appliances
- Regular household garbage
- Styrofoam and Styrofoam products
We currently do not recycle computers or monitors.